Ultrasound for Midwives is designed specifically for the way that midwives utilize ultrasound. It is designed as a point of care (POC) tool to be used for decision making at the bedside.
- First trimester bleeding
- Fetal heart rate not heard
- Uncertain dates – 1st and 2nd trimester dating
- Fundal height too large or too small
- Palpation of a pelvic mass
- Check cervical length
- 2nd or 3rd trimester bleeding
- Biophysical Profile as fetal assessment
- Confirmation of fetal presentation
- Confirmation of placental location
- Determination of IUD placement
- Post-menopausal bleeding – assessment of the endometrial stripe
This course is NOT:
- Intended to be a full scope obstetric and gynecologic scanning curriculum
- Intended for first or second trimester genetic screening
- Intended to be for the assessment of overall fetal anatomy
Become Certified in Ultrasound
A new midwifery ultrsound certification examination The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in collaboration with the ACNM, are offering Ultrasound for Midwives:
- Lectures meet all objectives for the exam.
- Hands-on instruction covers all of the scanning domains required for the exam.
- Provides more CEUs than required to take the exam.
For further information regarding the exam, please visit ARDMS.